Friday, June 10, 2011

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In

Happy Friday! With the increasing heat here in AZ, I made Ian "force" me to go on a 6 a.m. run with him this morning and my it felt good! It was still fairly cool out...I think I just may of found a new routine. Now on to the weekly survey questions.  A few of these were really hard for me to think of a response!

1. When you vacation, what type of vacation do you like to take (beach, historic, adventurous, food oriented, etc.)? All of the above! We love to mix it up...most times we seek the sun but we did have a wonderful time in Breckenridge, CO in the freezing cold! We recently spent 10 amazing days in Belize for our honeymoon. Next up on our vacation bucket-list is a more history-filled European vacation with the highlight (mainly for Ian) being Normandy. During our vacations we also like to have days filled with adventures and excursions, but also take days to do absolutely nothing but lay on the beach/by the pool and read for hours on end. Same goes with food...love checking out new restaurants and yummy food but on longer trips I also like to cook a couple of dinners, to save on the wallet and the waistband!

Paradise... 

How I spend the majority of my first day (ever) skiing in CO

Yummy Brazilian BBQ (not pictured) in Vegas

2. What is your best memory associate with a song? Just one?! Okay fine, I'll pick one. Coming to mind is my father-daughter dance at our wedding to "Just the way you look to night" by good ol' Frank. Not only does this moment come to mind, but my family has spent many, many wonderful hours together watching Father of the Bride where this song is highlighted. I can still hear my mama making me promise to dance to this song with my dad at my wedding one day. This song makes me very nostalgic to say the least!


3. If you had six months with no obligations or financial constraints, what would you do with your time? Three words: Travel, travel and travel! I would definitely go to Greece, Italy, NYC, Buenos Aires, perhaps New Zealand and back to South Africa! I also would love to take a cooking class or two!

4. What is one thing that people do NOT typically notice about you that you wish they would? I honestly have no clue! The hubby was no help on this question either! Perhaps that I cherish my family and friends more than anyone could know and that I spend countless hours worrying about them, our relationships, etc. and that I love when I spend time with them.

5. It's a summer of sequels, and if you had to live in one of each  of the following worlds (3 total) which would it be and why? 
     - X-Men: Be a mutant, what would your power be? I've never seen X-Men, so I couldn't even begin to answer. But if I had just a general super power, it would be to read minds WHEN I WANTED TO - like have a switch to turn it off...some things are just better left unheard!
     - Harry Potter: Be a witch or a muggle? Again, I'm not a Harry Potter person and don't know what a muggle is, so I'll just say witch!
     - Twilight: Be a vampire or a werewolf? I would probably say vampire because there's something more romantic about them, but I am definitely team Jacob!

Side note: We got to watch our friend's dog Libby while they were out of town and we had a blast! She's definitely a character and we love her like we love our own Maggie! Here's a pic of Ian with his favorite ladies !


Ps. Maggie has since got a summer hair cut and it looks like she lost five pounds! :-)

3 comments:

  1. Kelli. you make me smile and cry all at the same time!! Love you forever, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww...Libby made the blog!! She's so excited that she's passed out on the couch right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think its very obvious you are a huge family person. That you love to spend time with friends and family. What's not so obvious when you first meet you...that you sometimes snort when you laugh. Please forgive me...I think its adorable. Love you sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete