Here's the latest group of questions, and subsequent answers, from Wife of a Sailor's blog. Can't wait to read my other fellow MilSpouse's responses!
1. Underwear parties, how old is too old? I must be super naive because I have no clue what an underwear party is, but neither does the hubby. Do they mean college parties (ie CEO's and office hoes??) I would say anything involving being ultra-provocative should end with college! (Or never!) But in terms of theme parties? I. LOVE. THEM!!!! We always were coming up with fun themes and I still adore Halloween! Basically any excuse to get dressed up! :-)
South Africa 2006 - "In Bad Taste" party
PLU - "80's Christmas" party
Halloween 2010 - Blonde "Snookie" and "The Situation"
2. What was your favorite class in high school? I was a bit of a nerd so I had a lot! Loved journalism and The Gopher Gazette class period, leadership class, and surprisingly I LOVED Anatomy and Physiology! I loved dissecting things, memorizing all the bones, seeing cadavers, etc. Ooh and French!
3. Have you ever convinced movers/packers to pack something they aren't supposed to for a PCS? Not on purpose! But all our shampoo, soaps, etc were packed and I just found out they aren't supposed to be. Also, oddly, one packer refused to pack candles, but the packer in the back of the house packed all the candles he came across - which I am definitely not complaining about ;-)
4. Blogging plays a growing role in the media, if you were asked to embed as a blogger with a deployed military unit, would you go? What do you think your blog would be like? This is a tricky one for me. Am I going with Ian? If so, then definitely! If not, I'm not sure. I would HATE to leave him but a) the former journalist/writing fanatic in me would love the opportunity and b) it would be nice to get a better grasp of what my husband has had to deal with. Ultimately I would think it would depend on how long I would be embedded for. In terms of what it would look like? Again, no clue! It would be interesting to follow a female soldier around and get her perspective.
5. Do you think kids should attend year-round school? No! I think kids need the summer! Look back on your childhood and I would be willing to bet that a large portion of your best memories are from summer. That said, I am not a mother yet and I bet having to entertain your children all day for 3 months could be exhausting! Overall I think it is a time that most adults don't get back, so why not let kids soak it up as much as they can?