Friday, June 17, 2011

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In

Happy Friday! I'll take this moment to send out a prayer request for the wildfire raging close to Sierra Vista. Many people have been evacuated, 40 homes destroyed so far, and the winds are only supposed to increase through the weekend. Please pray or send happy thoughts for the firefighters, animals, and those evacuated - especially those who have lost all to the fires.

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In
Here's the latest group of questions, and subsequent answers, from Wife of a Sailor's blog. Can't wait to read my other fellow MilSpouse's responses!

1. Underwear parties, how old is too old? I must be super naive because I have no clue what an underwear party is, but neither does the hubby. Do they mean college parties (ie CEO's and office hoes??) I would say anything involving being ultra-provocative should end with college! (Or never!) But in terms of theme parties? I. LOVE. THEM!!!! We always were coming up with fun themes and I still adore Halloween! Basically any excuse to get dressed up! :-)

South Africa 2006 - "In Bad Taste" party

PLU - "80's Christmas" party 

Halloween 2010 - Blonde "Snookie" and "The Situation" 

2. What was your favorite class in high school? I was a bit of a nerd so I had a lot! Loved journalism and The Gopher Gazette class period, leadership class, and surprisingly I LOVED Anatomy and Physiology! I loved dissecting things, memorizing all the bones, seeing cadavers, etc. Ooh and French! 

3. Have you ever convinced movers/packers to pack something  they aren't supposed to for a PCS? Not on purpose! But all our shampoo, soaps, etc were packed and I just found out they aren't supposed to be. Also, oddly, one packer refused to pack candles, but the packer in the back of the house packed all the candles he came across - which I am definitely not complaining about ;-)

4. Blogging plays a growing role in the media, if you were asked to embed as a blogger with a deployed military unit, would you go? What do you think your blog would be like? This is a tricky one for me. Am I going with Ian? If so, then definitely! If not, I'm not sure. I would HATE to leave him but a) the former journalist/writing fanatic in me would love the opportunity and b) it would be nice to get a better grasp of what my husband has had to deal with. Ultimately I would think it would depend on how long I would be embedded for. In terms of what it would look like? Again, no clue! It would be interesting to follow a female soldier around and get her perspective. 

5. Do you think kids should attend year-round school? No! I think kids need the summer! Look back on your childhood and I would be willing to bet that a large portion of your best memories are from summer. That said, I am not a mother yet and I bet having to entertain your children all day for 3 months could be exhausting!  Overall I think it is a time that most adults don't get back, so why not let kids soak it up as much as they can? 



3 comments:

  1. About the panty party...My girlfriends and I use to do panty exchanges at Valentines day. It was like a chinese gift exchange but only with panties...lots of fun! And one time I went to a Naughty Santa party where we brought Christmas panties. So...I think you are never too old, but possibly you could be too young. Not sure a panty exchange would go over well for a 6th birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind thoughts for our friends in Sierra Vista. A dear (USAF) friend is stationed at Ft. Huachucha and is all packed up to evacuate...is just awaiting the order....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Major Mom - I hope your friends didn't have to evacuate! It was a bit touch and go yesterday with a fire breaking out on post but thankfully it was contained before any homes were destroyed. I know they are currently digging trenches on post to prevent the big Monument fire from coming on post. Fingers crossed for rain!!

    Lish - that's too funny because a friend looked it up on Urban Dictionary and according to that it's more like a swinger party (eew!)I hope it's more what you were talking about..if that's the case I think it sounds fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete