Friday, June 3, 2011

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In
Hope you all had a happy and safe Memorial Day! Las Vegas and THE Grand Canyon were wonderful. Now, on to business. 

1. It's now June (woot!)...what plans do you have for summer? Not a whole lot! We have been busy travelling lately and Ian will be in class all summer. We do have some weekend trips planned - one to Phoenix and another in Tucson where Ian will be in a wedding. It looks as if we will be making our move to the next post over Labor Day weekend and as of now the plan includes a stop in the Texas Hill Country where Ian has fond summer memories of and from what I gather, it sounds similar to one of my favorite summer vacation spots! 

2. What is your favorite summer memory as a kid? This is easy! We used to go to Sunriver, in Central Oregon, for a week every summer with my grandparents, cousins, and aunt and uncle. It's high desert so it's always sunny and warm. Days were filled with biking everywhere, putt putt golf, horseback riding, canoeing/rafting, the BEST ice cream shop around (Goodies!), swimming and boating where I spent a lot of time getting flipped off the intertube. Nights included yummy homemade dinners with everyone followed by poker (and the cousin subsequently quitting after I won too much hehe).  And I can't forget to mention all the deer! I spent hours upon hours forcing my cousins to follow the deer with me in an attempt to make friends with them. I loved feeding them scraps from breakfast or dinner off the deck and then taking hundreds of pictures of them! Don't believe me? Ask my mom or aunt, they can vouch for the countless rolls of film used up on pictures of deer! haha. Oh what I wouldn't give to go back!   


3. If wild animals could be made pets without fear of danger, what type of exotic animal would you have? Well since I already said I would love finger monkey's, I'll use another animal. A giraffe! Ok, so I don't think they're all that dangerous, but they are always one of my favorite stops at the zoo! They are so beautiful, unique, and elegant. Love them! 



4. Is there anything about deployments you do like? There are a few things...saving money, if I don't feel like making dinner a bowl of cereal works as a fine substitute, and most of all the cherished communication between the hubby and I. Some of our best conversations came during deployment, because well, that's all we had. In a way, deployment brought us so much closer than before. There's a whole new level of trust built, and continually learning about each other and expressing our love and feelings toward one another. Plus I couldn't get enough of the sweet letters mailed and I would get butterflies every time I would see an email or facebook message from Ian. Then there's the reunions...nothing beats jumping into the arms of the man you love after so many months apart and all the excitement that builds up to that moment. I get the chills (in a good way) just thinking about it :)  However, I would forgo all of these "perks" to keep him home on U.S. soil. 
  
(Note: These are not mine, but I do have all my letters saved and tied with a ribbon.) 

5. No question this week, she ran out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment