Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Back To School: Redux



With the strong potential of buying our first home on the horizon, I decided to get my booty in gear yesterday and get organized. I bought a new file folder to organize all our paperwork needed for our lender, real estate agent, and closing process. I also even bought a small (cute) notepad to take notes of the houses I walk through during the house hunt. I also stocked up on supplies for my recipe binder - thanks to some great advice from some of you! Can you tell I am a bit Type A?

While I was perusing the aisles of Target looking for my supplies, I couldn't help but feel a bit nostalgic for my school days and back-to-school shopping! I never dreaded the beginning of school each fall and loved when the time came at the end of summer to stock up on new supplies! I can remember carefully selecting each supply to go into my new, also carefully selected backpack which housed my equally important lunch box. My friends and I even had "show and tell" with our new belongings - which inevitably would be lost, stained or damaged by October. Oh how I miss those days!

Wouldn't it be nice to still have your biggest stressor choosing which Lisa Frank binder to get?


I definitely stocked up on plenty of Yikes! pencils in grade school! 


Remember when colored notebook paper became all the rage? Or was that just a PNW thing?



What about you? Does the smell of an eraser or glue make you swoon? Any supplies from your childhood jump to mind? For all you parents out there, is back-to-school shopping a chore or a treat for you?

1 comment: