Friday, July 1, 2011

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In
Happy 4th of July weekend!!! Independence Day is one of my favorite holidays!

1. Have you (spouse) ever considered joining the military and what do you think of dual-military couples? Me? Forced to wake up early and wear the same thing every day? Not my cup of tea! But in all seriousness, my father has encouraged me in the past to consider it, for the experiences and job security, but I knew it just wasn't for me. Plus now that I am married to my military man, I can still see many places in this country and rest of the world! I think every couple does what is best for their relationship and lifestyle, but for me, even if I were to join the military, I would want to make sure one of us is always at home with our (future) children.

2. What is your idea of a perfect Sunday afternoon? Our tradition as of late is to enjoy Chipotle for lunch after church but in a normal non-ridiculously-hot-desert world I also like to hike, lay by the water, or do just about anything outside!

3. What do you usually do for the 4th of July holiday? It varies every year, but it usually includes grilling, family or friends, and fireworks! I L.O.V.E fireworks!!! Unfortunately this year, being in a fire scorched desert, there will be no fireworks and I am so sad - but am looking forward to spending time with great friends!

 July 4, 2010 - Listening to an awesome Lynyrd Skynyrd cover band on the Tacoma Waterfront

The look of love <3

Ian had just returned from Iraq so this Independence Day was extra meaningful in more ways than one! And the fireworks show was extraordinary! 

4. If they could make an Olympic event JUST for you that you know you'd metal in, what would it be? Ian's suggestion: "Being short." Gee, thanks sweetheart. I know it wouldn't include anything athletic because in the words of my Dad "Dukleth's just weren't meant to go fast"...truer words have never been spoken! I would say it probably would be reality TV or Titanic (the actual accident, not just the movie) trivia. And with that I am going to go crawl under a rock with this self-esteem boosting morning!

Did you know that until it's discovery in 1986, nobody believed the first-hand accounts of the ship splitting in two? Experts believed the witnesses were confused by the traumatic event and mistaken. 

5. What have you been doing to get yourself bathing suit ready for the summer? Running, spin, elliptical, yoga and pilates, and toning videos. And trying to eat healthy - emphasis on trying. However, I definitely don't consider myself bikini-ready!

I hope everyone has a fun, safe and thrilling Independence Day weekend! Let us all share a moment to be thankful for all our freedoms and those who have fought to give us them! God bless the U.S.A! 


No comments:

Post a Comment