Wednesday, April 13, 2011

30 Day Blog Challenge - Days 11-14

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know I am behind. So my apologies in advance for the length of this blog. :-)
Day 11 - What's in your makeup bag: I won't bore you with all my items (plus, a girl has to keep some beauty secrets right??) Instead, I'll show you what I am loving right now.

First, my new bronzer. For as long as I can remember, I have been using the same Clinique loose powder bronzer in Transparency Bronze, and I thought I would change it up a bit and I have been very happy! It's still Clinique (which I love) but it is a pressed powder bronzer. It doesn't feel greasy or cakey and the color seems to blend well with my skin tone.


The next item is actually something my fabulous sister-in-law Camille introduced to me. It is the best eyelash curler EVER! Unfortunately, they no longer sell it in the U.S. It is the Shu Uemera Eyelash Curler and all the best makeup pro's recommend it! I have found it curls the best and seems to be more cushioned. If I do one thing before leaving the house, it's curl my eyelashes and swipe on a coat of mascara. 


My last must have of the moment is the CoverGirl Natureluxe Lip Gloss Balm Stick. It's perfect! It feels like chapstick, not goopy, adds some color, and has SPF! I take it everywhere! Especially this being Arizona and super dry, my lips constantly scream for moisture and this product helps immensely. 


Day 12 - A photo of the town you live in: This picture was taken recently near our town when we went wine tasting. Yes, wine tasing, in the desert. It was wonderful! I realized I don't actually have many photos of our actual town...it seems we are always exploring other areas. Note to self, take more pictures!


Day 13 - Your favorite musician and why: This one actually took some thought. I have a wide range of favorite musicians and all reflect my moods, settings, etc. That being said, the one artist who I think I would drop everything to see his concert, know all the lyrics to all his songs, and will never change the station if one of his tunes is on the radio is Garth Brooks. I have loved him since a child and still hold resentment toward my parents for not bringing me to his concert with them! ;-) I also love how humble he is, what a great family man Garth is, and his whole aura of kindness. Plus, his songs truly reach you no matter what the moment. I will always remember his "The Dance" playing at my grandmother's funeral, likewise I will always smile thinking of shutting down our own wedding reception to "Friends in Low Places" with all our friends belting out the lyrics! I could go on and on, but I think I will just go listen to his CD instead. 


Day 14 - A TV show you are currently addicted to: One of the most recent shows I have grown obsessed with is Dexter. It is about a serial killer who only kills "bad people" and just so happens to work for the Miami police department as a blood spatter analyst. Michael C. Hall plays Dexter Morgan and no one has ever made a serial killer seem so like-able! It's creepy, witty, touching, and smart. Ian and I are anxious for season 5 to come out on DVD. Season 4 was EPIC and featured a very creepy John Lithgow in a guest role. I highly recommend this show! (Not for children however!) 


Thanks for bearing with me! I'll try not to skip so many days again. Emphasis on try ;-) 

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to try that lip balm. I currently use...I don't know what it's called, but it gives me the look and color I want, but it feels a little goopy. :( Looks like a run to Target is in order!!

    ReplyDelete