Friday, April 29, 2011

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In

Basically, I think I have given up on my 30 Day Blog Challenge...the final day's had some annoying challenges. For example, I am not going to post on my blog a letter I just had to write to someone who hurt my feelings. Thanks, but no thanks. So here's my latest set of answers from Wife of a Sailor's blog. Sorry I missed last week, we were busy with family visiting! 

1. Have you and your spouse agreed to live in separate locations knowing that the short-term inconvenience would have long-term benefits for your family? Thankfully we have not had to make any decision of this magnitude yet (other than me not being allowed to go to Iraq with him!) I obviously can't say for sure, but I definitely don't envision us parting ways while we are childless. However, once we have children and if he will only be somewhere for a very short period of time, I think I would have a hard time uprooting them from their schools and stability.

2. What is your favorite thing about being a MilSpouse? Ohhh this is hard to pick just one! Of course seeing him in his dress blues is always a perk ;-) But I would say the opportunity to travel to places I never have been and meet amazing people from all corners of the world....well at least four corners of the U.S. You develop a strong sense of family with other MilSpouses and a bond unlike any other, especially during a deployment. Lastly, being proud of my husband each and every day, seeing the love of his job despite the sacrifices he has made; who wouldn't love that?

Man I love him in those blues! 

3. If you could still have your spouse and your family, but take the military part out of it, would you? Ha, depends on if I am liking the Army today or not! Ian and I have had several conversations about nearly the very thing. The Army is a great world to be involved it...you have a housing allowance, health care, opportunities for travel, steady income, honorable job, etc....but then there's the horrible D-word. Deployment. If you could almost guarantee that there would be very few, if any, deployments the rest of his career, I would be all for Ian staying in and retiring from the Army. However, it has always been a dream of his to join the ranks of the FBI or the like, so yes, I would still have my spouse in or out of the Army.

4. What have your homecoming celebrations been like after a year-long tour of separation? Oh you know, the basic, hum-drum affair. NOT! It's quite literally the BEST DAY EVER! After thousands of prayers said, countless tears shed, and missing him so much it physically hurt, jumping into his arms is like a feeling you can only imagine. It took me at least two to three weeks to finally let it sink in that he wasn't just home for the fleeting R&R but for good! (For now). Ian's parents and my parents came to WA to greet him and I bought every Fourth of July decoration in the entire PNW to create a festive homecoming for him. The entire event was simply magical.

The outdoor decor to our pad 

His plane landed!!! Watching the live feed 

~Bliss~

~Butterflies~

Ian's welcoming committee 

5. If you have a child(ren) why you chose their names? If not, why you would name your child something? Okay, I have read this question five times now and I think whoever wrote it clearly does not speak the same language as me because I have no clue what they are asking. I think it's asking about the decision process behind naming your children. Since we don't have children yet, my favorite game to play with Ian is to suggest a name, and he has to decipher if I am suggesting it for a future child or future pet. Other than that, we have sort of come to a rough agreement that I can name any boys and he can name any girls. But really, I can't just let him choose a girl's name without my approval! That's just silly ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Love all those pictures! And you're right, our answers are very similar! I guess that's why we've become quick friends. :)

    ReplyDelete