Sunday, August 28, 2011

Butterflies and Geckos and BEARS, oh my!



In an effort to continue our procrastination from preparing for the move, the hubs and I decided to go on one last hike on our favorite trail here, Ramsey Canyon.


Ian taking in the view. 
It's amazing how green it is now!

Overlooking Sierra Vista



We saw a lot more butterflies this time around

...and a lot more geckos...

And a BEAR! 

We had been told on our way up to be on the alert for some bears but we hadn't seen any along the trails. We were nearly back when a squirrel came barreling toward us on an apparent mission. We were commenting how he was in a hurry when Ian looked up and said "Because there's a bear!" It was a young black bear, not quite full grown. Sadly, we tried getting a picture, but he was on the move and we decided we'd better be safe than sorry so we got a move on it! Apparently there are about three bears hanging around the area, most likely due to the June wildfires, displacing the bear family. 

Our last hike in Ramsey Canyon was definitely a memorable one :-)



3 comments:

  1. I hope you know that I am disgusted by this post. And you should know why!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair's gotten long!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ash, I know, I know, but I couldn't resist ;-) Be thankful I didn't tag you in it on fb!
    Nichole, it always surprises me when it's straight how long it is getting! :)

    ReplyDelete