Wednesday, August 10, 2011

All Is Not Quiet On The Job Front!


Isn't it funny how sometimes things happen when you least expect it? That God I tell ya, He likes to keep you on your toes!

You may know I have been struggling with the notion of being a stay-at-home-mom, sans children, and whether this is the best fit for me. (Read about My Job(less) Conundrum). Ian and I spent a lot of time discussing this and I also prayed and did some soul-searching. It just may be that God was listening and has given me an answer when I wasn't expecting it!

I hope I am not jinxing anything by sharing this with you, but I can't keep it in any longer! I may have already landed a job in Clarksville! Here's how:

While house hunting, I went in to meet with my lender, who voiced that she was impressed with my organization skills when I gave her all our information. (Told you I was a bit Type A!) She may have been joking when she asked if I was looking for a job, but my mom and I eagerly answered a resounding "Yes!" We got to talking and turns out she is looking for someone to begin work this fall, with a marketing background, to deal with incoming clients from a recent merger. She asked for my resume and I emailed it to her that afternoon!

We met again before I left to go over more lending documents, but in our conversation she made sure I wouldn't hold back any questions for fear of not impressing her, especially since, she reassured me, I would be shadowing her and learning from her directly. (Believe me, I did not hold back any questions!) This gesture impressed me however. She also told me how it is a small and close-knit office, her aunt even operates the front desk! I got a very warm feeling every moment I was there.

I got an email earlier this week from our lender letting me know that I can be expecting a call from their home office for a phone interview! She didn't say when but did call me today to tell me about some other good news (lower interest rate!) and explained that the interview is really more of a formality and also that the position would definitely be full-time.

Absolutely nothing is official yet, and we still have to hammer out some logistics (ie salary, holiday pay, duties) and I of course have to represent myself well during the phone interview. I do, however, get a really good feeling from this! So please, fingers crossed, prayers said, and good juju sent this way would be highly appreciated! 

Also, in case you were wondering about my dental assistant aspirations, I have in no way dropped this idea, but by the time we arrive in Clarksville I will have missed the start of the classes at the two nearest schools, both of which only start once a year. So it is on the back burner for now!

Wish me luck! :)

1 comment:

  1. I wish you the best! I've had a hard time fndmg a job.

    ReplyDelete