Saturday, August 20, 2011

Stairway to Heaven... I mean Bisbee

Ian and I had been wanting to participate in the annual Bisbee 1000 event here in Arizona, but it is held in October and we will be long gone by then. So we printed out the course and did it anyway today, just the two of us! It is a 5k course (feels more like a 10k) that winds you all throughout the city and hillside of Bisbee. Oh and did I mention that there's 1,000 stairs to climb in the process?  Well there is! Bisbee is an old mining town that is literally carved out of the mountainside and many of the homes only have access via stairway. It's crazy!

Oddly, the route never takes you on this stairway

Beautiful art adorned a cement wall

View atop one stairway

Great Saturday with my man!

The stairs just kept going!

A little "Rocky" celebration after out last stairway

Ian was the fearless tour guide - even though the map was a tad confusing

If anyone will be in the area come mid-October, I think this event would be a great time! 



2 comments:

  1. Wow, that looks intense! And what a unique town!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I did this when we were out there last summer. Bisbee is an amazing place! Glad you had fun :)

    ReplyDelete